Thursday 14 January 2016

Rapid Review: Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey

Title: Elizabeth is Missing
Author: Emma Healey
Edition: Penguin Books, 2015

Rating: ★★★

Review

This book is clever, I have to give it that. Healey has woven her stories together really well. The two mysteries inform each other and seeing it all from the point of view of an elderly woman with memory issues keeps the details hazy and the conclusion unclear. 

I did think that the ending was a bit underwhelming. I was expecting so much more from both stories than I got, especially after reading the reviews on the cover: 'haunting', 'unsettling', 'gripping'.

This book did make me slightly emotional thinking about all the people who suffer in the same way Maude does, and the likelihood of that happening to the people I love. 

More than that though, it made me realise that I really am I YA reader. I can appreciate that books for adults are good and I can see why people love this book, but if it's not YA my heart's just not in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment